Monday, July 13, 2009

And I still think of myself as a kid…..


It never did occur to me that graduation could be a big event. But I guess they are right to say that the decisions you make within this few years will change your life. As I stood behind the red line, Erwin gave me his signature grin. I felt a little embarrassed. Although I did not graduate with flying colours I see the joy in my parents, whom they themselves never completed high school, throughout the day. They really wanted this day to happen. Alas I didn’t disappoint. I started to miss everyone.

Maybe I’m a bit too predictable; in my adolescent years if I have been capricious I would have been given two tight slaps, hence I became more cautious. I wonder if I would have been a more creative person if not for my upbringing. Maybe I would have taken the road less travelled. Wait. Architecture is a road less travelled by most people.

As Auntie Nat puts it “... you are shy you know….” Yeah I guess.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright 2009 Embracing reality...[period]... Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan